The first records of the village date back to 1338. In the 16th century, Dobropole belonged to the von Sydow family. The family retained ownership of the village until 1815. In 1828, it belonged to the von Rüts family, and in 1858, to the von Senfft-Pilsach family. In the second half of the 19th century, the estate returned to the von Sydow family—it was taken over by Carl Friedrich von Sydow. It was during the von Sydow family’s ownership that the Baroque church (built in 1766), the palace (built between 1760 and 1770), and the extensive landscape park were constructed in the village.
The park certainly existed as early as the Baroque period; by the end of the 18th century, it had been transformed into a landscape park. Until the 1970s, the palace housed a state-owned farm (PGR), but since 1971 the building has stood abandoned and is now in ruins.
The park is located within the Trzcińskie Lake District, in the eastern part of the village. Within the park, there are several clearings and wetlands where ponds once stood. Some of the trees have been cut down, but among those that remain, we can find interesting species. The park’s layout can be divided into three main groups of greenery—the first along the lake’s shoreline, the second in the eastern part, and the third between the former pond and a smaller clearing. The park had a well-developed network of paths. The park’s terrain is uneven; the palace and courtyard were situated at the highest point.
Among the surviving vegetation, we can find species such as Norway maple, sycamore maple, red oak, willow, white poplar, small-leaved linden, and white chestnut. Currently, the park grounds are neglected. The manor park in Dobropol was added to the provincial list of historic monuments in October 1956.
Publications