The first records of what is now Strzeżewko date back to the time when the settlement was granted as property to the cathedral chapter in Kamień Pomorski. From 1380 onward, the village was known as Ramsberg, a name it retained until the end of World War II. In later years, the village was leased by the mayor of Kamień Pomorski, and later by the town itself. From 1847 to 1939, the village belonged to the Steffen family. During this time, an eclectic manor house was built in the village. It is estimated to have been constructed between 1910 and 1920 on an area of approximately 420m². The manor house is a single-story building with a usable attic. The entire structure is covered by a segmented mansard roof with dormers that provide light to the attic and distinctive small windows known as “cow’s eyes.” The entrance to the manor leads through a portico with columns. The three-sided bay windows of the salons are also worth noting.
After the war, the manor was used by a state-owned farm (PGR) and later housed a vacation resort. In 1994, the building was purchased by a private owner who carried out a thorough renovation. The historic interior furnishings have not survived to the present day. Currently, the manor once again serves as a vacation resort. The property is accessible from the outside.
Surrounding the manor is a historic 19th-century park with numerous old trees, such as beech, birch, spruce, and fir.
Publications