The palace and its associated farm complex have existed in the village of Nadarzyn since at least the 18th century. The palace itself was built in 1902, when the estate belonged to August Schulze. It is a two-story building with a full basement, covered by a low gable roof with gently sloping sides. The building is characterized by very rich architectural detail in the Historicist style.
The building is laid out in a “T” shape. The main body is cuboid in shape; on the southwest side, there is a projection that is enclosed on three sides and extends beyond the building’s facade. A three-sided enclosed porch also extends beyond the face of the southwest wall. The southeast wing of the building is also cuboid in shape. A veranda is attached to its southeast wall, which is directly connected to the ballroom. The building can be entered through the main entrance located on the front facade, as well as through the porch and the veranda.
The front facade is dominated by simplified and clear forms. Its layout is symmetrical. The horizontal and vertical divisions are very clearly defined. Horizontally, these include: a base running around the building topped with a whitewashed cornice, a band between the building’s base and the level of the first-story window sills emphasized by a different plaster texture and contrasting colors, lines defined by the window sills, the transoms and window cornices, and a simple inter-story cornice highlighted in brown. Vertically, the lines are defined by the window openings, emphasized by contrast-painted bands; the central projection on the facade; and the columns of the portico in front of the main entrance.
Inside the building, only the ballroom retains its original decor. The stucco decoration on the walls and ceiling deserves special attention.
The palace is surrounded by a manor park rich in mature trees.
The owner is the State Treasury Agricultural Property Agency, Warsaw Branch. Currently, the building serves as a residence. It is accessible from the outside.
Publications