• Address: Moryńska, 74-503 Gądno

The first records mentioning the village date back to 1460. In the 16th and 17th centuries, the von Schönebeck family—owners of nearby Moryń—held an estate here. Subsequently, the estate was owned by the von Papstein family. At the end of the 18th century, the village belonged to the then mayor of Chojna, Friedrich Frantz von Mühlheim, and from the mid-19th century to the first half of the 20th century, Gądno was in the hands of the von Rohr family. In 1939, the village had a population of 168.

In 1840, a small palace was built in Gądno. The architect of the building is unknown. The structure was erected in the Classicist style by Friedrich Mühlheim. The palace is a two-story building with a usable attic. It was built on a rectangular floor plan with a projecting risalit. In the past, the building was adorned with stucco work in Greco-Roman styles, which has not survived to the present day.

After World War II, apartments and a space intended for a store were created in the palace. In 1965, the building underwent renovation; since 1990, the palace has been in private hands. Currently, the building is in a state of ruin—the window and door frames are missing. The ceilings have collapsed, and the portal fireplace has been vandalized. Entering the building is dangerous.

Near the palace, a 19th-century manor park has also been preserved, featuring ponds and lakes as well as a rich stand of trees. In the past, the park extended all the way to Lake Morzycko; today it covers an area of 3 hectares. Next to the palace, there are also farm buildings.

The palace in Gądno was added to the list of historic monuments in February 1991.  

Related routes

Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) | mobile app

App Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) mobile app

You will not get lost on the route with us! In our application you will find a detailed map of routes and excursions, interesting places and events, 360 panoramas and much, much more!