The first documented mention of the village dates back to 1364. At that time, Niemica was a fief of the von Steinwehr family. In the 16th century, the village had a church and a mill. In the mid-18th century, Niemica became the property of the von Puttkamer family. From the second half of the 19th century until 1945, the von Flemming family owned the surrounding estates. After the war, the estate was nationalized.
Toward the end of the 19th century, the von Puttkamer family built a Neoclassical brick manor house. The manor was remodeled in the 1920s and again between 1960 and 1965. The single-story building was constructed on a rectangular plan. The manor house features a deep basement, a usable attic, and a columned porch supporting a balcony. The entire structure is topped by a gable roof with broken gables. Above the Neorococo entrance, there are coat-of-arms shields with images that have not been preserved. Inside, there are three fireplaces, including one with Dutch tiles. Currently, the manor house is inhabited and can only be viewed from the outside.
Near the manor, one can see the remains of the farmstead’s buildings. Behind the manor house lies an unkempt park dating from the late 19th century.
Publications