The first documented mention of Baczysław (Batzlaff) dates back to 1425. In the 16th century, the village came into the possession of the von Flemming family. It is worth noting that the estate remained under their administration until the early 19th century. At that time, for reasons not fully understood, the estate was divided into three parts. Two remained in the hands of the von Flemmings, while one belonged to the von Grells. In 1862, Ludwig Rucholtz of Koplin became the owner of the entire estate. He decided to move his residence to Baczysław, which undoubtedly contributed to the village’s expansion. The estate remained under the Rucholtz family’s management until 1945. After the war, the estate was parceled out.
The establishment of the park in the second half of the 19th century is linked to Ludwig Rucholtz’s acquisition of the estate, as he decided to take up residence in Baczysław. Currently, the neglected park covers an area of approximately 1.5 hectares. It features such examples of old-growth trees as alders, willows, oaks, hornbeams, and ash trees.
In connection with the relocation of the family seat in the early 20th century, the Ruchholtz family completed the construction of a pseudo-Classical manor house. It was built on a rectangular plan, with a slightly protruding front risalit. Following its renovation, the manor house looks very good; however, it is accessible only from the outside.
Publications