The rectory was built in the Neo-Gothic style in 1928. The architect was Diedrich Suhr. In 1924, Father Franciszek Niering arrived in Sławno—which was then part of Germany—with the aim of establishing a Catholic pastoral center in the town. Despite numerous objections from the residents, most of whom were Protestant, the priest, together with architect Suhr, managed to carry out his plan to build a church and a rectory. As early as 1928, the church was solemnly consecrated, and the priest was able to move into the rectory. Designs by the young Sławno architect Diedrich Suhr can also be seen in other parts of Sławno. These include, for example, the current Sławno Cultural Center.
The rectory is situated set back from the street. Its western wall adjoins the church, forming a unified whole with it. The exterior walls are made of brick. The building was constructed on a rectangular plan, elongated in a north-south direction. Of particular note is the statue of the Virgin Mary with the Child positioned above the entrance to the rectory. The building is very well-preserved and blends harmoniously with the structure of the adjacent church.
Publications