The first historical references to the village of Strzeżewo date back to the early 14th century. At that time, Stresow belonged to the cathedral chapter in Kamień Pomorski; it later became the property of Steffen Loyzin, the mayor of Kamień. The village’s subsequent owners are unknown. Before 1939, Walter Becker was certainly the owner.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a manor house was built on the estate, which has survived to the present day. The manor house was built on a rectangular plan and has an area of approximately 700m². It is a two-story building covered with a mansard roof featuring a triangular dormer window that illuminates the attic. On the north side, there is a colonnaded porch whose columns support the terrace on the upper floor, while on the west side there is a single-story projection. The building’s original door and window frames have been preserved.
After the war, the property was used by a state-owned farm (PGR), and then served as a summer camp for many years. It is currently privately owned.
A park with mature trees—chestnut, ash, birch, oak, apple, pear, walnut, and linden trees—as well as shrubs—black elder, spirea, and roses—surrounds the manor.
The property can be viewed from the outside.
Publications