• Address: 74-510 Chełm Górny

In the 19th century, the village belonged to Chełm Dolny and was owned by the von Wedel family. From 1881 onward, the estate was in the hands of Herman von Tresckow. At the beginning of the 20th century—specifically in 1902—Bruno Goltdammer purchased the land. In 1904, a manor house was built in the village, and in 1908, Goltdammer financed the renovation of the church and built a bell tower. In the 1930s, the village belonged to Maria and Karl Goltdammer, and the last owner was likely Krahmer.

Built in the early 20th century, the manor house is located in the northern part of the village, on the edge of a landscape park, next to a small pond. This styleless manor house, with an area of 700 square meters, is a two-story building. It was constructed on a rectangular floor plan, and the main part of the building features a veranda. The structure is covered by a hipped roof with an elongated dormer in the roof slope. The manor house is of half-timbered construction.

The building survived World War II; after 1945, it housed an elementary school. From 1964 onward, the manor served as the headquarters of a state-owned farm (PGR). Adjacent to the manor is an 18th-century landscape park, which covers an area of 7 hectares. The garden features an old tree stand, including oaks and beeches. The park also contains numerous ponds.

Next to the palace, farm buildings have also been preserved—including stables, cowsheds, barns, warehouses, sheepfolds, smithies, a water tower, a threshing barn, and the steward’s house. The palace has been in private hands since 1991. The property has been renovated. The manor was added to the list of historic monuments in December 1990.

Related routes

Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) | mobile app

App Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) mobile app

You will not get lost on the route with us! In our application you will find a detailed map of routes and excursions, interesting places and events, 360 panoramas and much, much more!