In the 19th century, the Schröder family owned what is now the village of Batowo. In 1870, they built a neoclassical mansion with a floor area of 520 m². The building was constructed on a plan consisting of three intersecting rectangles, had three stories, and was topped with a flat gable roof. The entrance to the palace was preceded by a portico and a tympanum, on which the date of construction and the letter S (for Schröder, the then-owners of the estate) were engraved. The palace’s design also featured protruding risalits.
After World War II, the estate—like many similar properties—was converted into a state-run agricultural enterprise (PGR). In 1967, work began on modernizing the palace building, but it was never completed. Later, from 1969 to 1973, the estate belonged to the Plant Breeding Station in Wołczyn, and then, until the 1990s, to the State Agricultural Research Center (KPGR) in Pyrzyce. Over time, the unused building fell into ruin. Currently, only parts of the exterior walls of the former palace remain.
Surrounding the palace are also the remains of farm buildings, a former distillery, and a manor park.
The land on which the ruins of the former palace stand is currently owned by a private owner. In the future, the owner plans to partially reconstruct the building.
Publications