The Red Barracks are the largest barracks complex in Western Pomerania. It is a complex of buildings constructed between 1881 and 1884 with funds received from France as war reparations. The three monumental buildings feature bastion-style gables and are topped with battlements. They were designed by Emil Drews, a Szczecin master builder who specialized in monumental structures. The buildings sustained virtually no damage during World War II. The barracks are named for the red brick used in their construction.
Currently, the Red Barracks are used by the Polish Army, and it is not possible to tour the complex from the inside.
Publications