The building is located in the eastern part of the Old Town, on one of Mieszkowice’s three main streets. It was constructed on a rectangular floor plan measuring 1,080 by 980 cm. The structure is a cuboid topped with a high gable roof. The tenement house has a full basement. The two-story structure was built using half-timber construction. It was built in the first half of the 19th century.
After the end of World War II, the building became municipal property. Inside the tenement house, the wooden floors, the original roof truss, and the wooden staircase have been preserved. The front facade features windows dating from before 1945, and the original shutters have been preserved on the ground floor. Also original are the double-leaf front door and the side door that led from the gateway to the entrance hall.
The building’s stories vary in height—the ground floor is 270 cm high, the first floor is 210 cm high, and the basement is 180 cm high. The building belongs to a small group of half-timbered residential houses that have been preserved in their entirety. Thanks to its location in the historic part of Mieszkowice, the building is an integral part of the historic built environment.
The building was added to the provincial list of historic monuments in September 1998.
Publications