The palace is part of a palace-and-manor complex; it was built in 1857 as one of its first structures. It was designed on an elongated rectangular plan as a compact, massive single-story structure with a habitable attic; its walls are constructed of ceramic brick on a high granite foundation. It is covered with a gable-and-hip roof. In the central section, there is a one-story risalit with a three-sloped roof. The corners of the palace and the risalit on the front facade feature slender, octagonal turrets topped with battlements; additionally, there are two turrets on each side of the front wall, dividing the side sections into two planes. Between the turrets, above the cornice, there is also battlements (a serrated wall finish). The risalit houses the main entrance door; in front of it is a landing with an openwork metal balustrade, and from the landing, a wide staircase fan out downward. The south facade also features an entrance with stairs leading to it, which are framed by stepped walls. The windows vary in size and take the form of rectangles with different proportions.
The original interior layout was partially altered in the postwar years, when the palace was used by the Człopa State-Owned Farm (PGR). At that time, renovations were carried out to adapt the building for residential use and to house a kindergarten. A section of the hallway was converted into bathrooms, and the larger rooms were divided by partition walls into smaller rooms. However, the original doors and windows have been preserved in many of the rooms.
The palace is privately owned;the owner has posted signs indicating that entry is prohibited,but it is worth taking a look without entering the fenced-off grounds and paying attention to the park and the outbuildings, especially the interesting half-timbered dovecote with its distinctive multi-pitched roof.
Publications