Ruins of a medieval knight’s castle from the second half of the 13th century. Of the castle’s original structure, a section of the outer defensive walls and the lower part of a stone-and-brick tower have survived. The surviving sections of the walls reach a height of 6 m and are 1.5 m thick. Inside the building is a remnant of a brick hearth, which in the past served as the dining room fireplace. Remnants of spiral staircases have also been preserved. In 1808, part of the castle was blown up. In the 20th century, conservation work began on the castle grounds. Benches are set up next to the castle. Hiking trails for tourists have been marked out around the castle.
This medieval knight’s castle was built in the second half of the 13th century. In the past, the castle was surrounded by a moat. Today, remnants of three parts of its original structure remain: the New House from the 16th century, the Old House from the 14th century (rebuilt in the 14th century), and a tower from the 14th century. Defensive walls with a single residential wing surrounded the castle. In the 14th century, the castle was expanded to include a southern wing and an eastern gate. A second ring of defensive walls with a corner tower was built at that time. In the 15th century, it was the largest secular castle in the duchy.
Access to the ruins is currently closed due to the risk of collapse. The site is surrounded by a fence.
Publications