The first mentions of Karsk date back to the early 19th century. The farmstead at that time was separated from the estate in Żukowo. Its first owner was August Peter Friedrich Sigimund von Schöning, the district administrator of Pyrzyce County and a senior government counselor. The village was named Schöningsburg after its owners. The estate remained in the hands of the von Schöning family until 1939. After the war, a state-owned farm (PGR) was established on the grounds of the palace and farm. Since 1994, it has been owned by a private company. After 1999, the palace underwent a thorough renovation.
In 1889, a palace with an area of 1,030m² was built on the estate grounds by Lake Płoń. The manor was erected at the behest of the then-owner, Hermann von Schöning, who also owned Lubiatów, Karsk, and Żuków. The palace was built in the Neo-Gothic style. It is a two-story building on a rectangular plan. It is constructed of red brick with bands of yellow brick and is topped by a relatively low hipped roof. The palace’s structure is distinguished by an octagonal tower in the corner facing the park and a three-story risalit. The entrance to the palace is located on the shorter side of the building, in an added single-story section featuring a rooftop terrace. Architecturally, the palace is very similar to the palace in nearby Lubiatów.
Surrounding the palace are farm buildings and a manor park. The park covers an area of approximately 2 hectares. It is rich in numerous species of old trees, including oaks, larches, acacias, birches, hornbeams, plane trees, beeches, and lindens.
The palace can be viewed from the outside.
Publications