The palace was built in the mid-18th century as a Baroque residence, but it underwent continuous renovations until the early 20th century. Originally, it was a two-story building with a rectangular floor plan and a mansard roof. In the mid-19th century, the palace was rebuilt in the English Neo-Gothic style. A four-sided tower was added to the north side of the preserved Baroque structure, which was still topped by a mansard roof. The division of the facade is marked by pilaster strips topped with octagonal turrets, connected by a parapet imitating battlements. In 1901, the main body of the palace was extended, and the ceiling above the ground floor was raised, which resulted in the mansard roof being replaced with a hipped roof. On the front and garden façades, the central axes are emphasized by pseudo-risalits; a turret was added to the south wall of the tower, connecting the palace’s first floor with the tower’s rooms. The von Lettow family coat of arms is featured on the façade.Elements of the former interior design that have survived include the neo-Baroque sculptural and stucco decorations of the staircase, as well as fragments of the neo-Renaissance decoration in the salon.
After World War II, the palace became the property of the Gryfice municipality; for a time, it housed an elementary school, but after 1974 it was neglected and fell into ruin. Between 2000 and 2005, a private owner renovated the palace and opened a hotel there.
The palace is surrounded by a landscape park. It is open to the public.
Publications