The building at 33 Jagiellońska Street was most likely constructed between 1877 and 1892. The structure was designed on a plan consisting of three rectangles, two of which join to form an L-shape. The floor plan of the main building measures 14.5 by 9.55 meters, while the annex measures 7 by 7.3 meters. In the corner between these two wings is a rectangular stairwell and hallway measuring 4.25 by 2.6 meters.
The building is a two-story structure with a usable attic and a partial basement. Part of the building is covered by a gable roof with a 40-degree pitch and a flat roof with a minimal slope. Only the southeast and southwest facades are decorated. In the center of the first facade, there is a three-axis projection.
The building houses five apartments (originally there were three)—two on the first floor and two on the ground floor, as well as one in the attic. Additionally, the first floor contains rooms designated for commercial use. The building’s original furnishings have not been preserved. The stove-heating system is original—with the exception of the rebuilt chimneys.
In the late 1980s, the building underwent a major renovation, including the replacement of wooden ceilings and wooden stairs with concrete ones, changes to the interior layout, and the replacement of window and door frames.
The building’s volume, excluding the basements, is 1,360 cubic meters; the usable area is 417 square meters, including 175 square meters on the ground floor, 170 square meters on the first floor, and 72 square meters in the attic. The building was added to the provincial list of historic monuments in March 1987.
Publications