The first mentions of the Gothic church in Wolin date back to the year 1288. The temple underwent multiple reconstructions. During World War II, it was nearly completely destroyed, but eventually rebuilt.
Parish Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop is in Wolin, at Kościelna. The Dziwna River flows about 300 meters from the temple.
Wolin was the first bishop's seat to be established because of a Christianization mission. The episcopal seat was approved in 1124. In 1160 it was moved to Kamień Pomorski. The medieval temple, as the only one of the three, has remained in Wolin to this day. The first mentions of it come from 1288. Unfortunately, it is not possible to say exactly what the temple looked like originally. After another reconstruction in the 14th century, it is only known that the building was three-nave, on a square plan, with a western tower. It is also known that in the 15th century the pseudo-basilica was rebuilt once again after a construction disaster. In the 19th century, the church was rebuilt, it survived the wars and has remained in Wolin to this day.
However, during the war, two historic churches of St. George and St. Nicholas were badly damaged. The city was 70% ruined. The communist authorities demolished the church of St. George, while the church of St. Nicholas was left. Only on May 31, 1988, the churches were transferred to church authorities. It was then that construction and conservation plans and activities began. The church was put into use in 1999. In the presbytery there is a high crucifix, a figure of the Risen Jesus, a tabernacle surrounded by ears of grain and a vine. There are Stations of the Cross on walls.
CHRISTMAS LITURGY Church of St. Stanislaus the Bishop and Martyr: 8:00 a.m. 9:30 a.m. Collegiate Church of St. Nicholas the Bishop: 11:00 a.m. (mass), 12:15 a.m. (with the participation of parents with children), 6:00 p.m. (with the participation of young people) WEEKDAY LITURGY Collegiate Church of St. Nicholas Bishop 5:00 p.m. (in wintertime) 6:00 p.m. (in summertime)