At 2 Sprzymierzonych Street, we find a red-brick building erected in 1883. This corner building was constructed on an L-shaped floor plan with a cut-off corner. The structure is two stories high and has a basement. The entire structure is topped with a gable roof. The floors of the building are separated by a cornice. The windows on the ground floor are topped with a semicircular arch, while those on the first floor feature a segmental arch. The southern facade of the post office has seven bays; the main entrance to the building is located in the first bay from the west. The eastern facade is identical to the southern one. Following a major renovation carried out in 2002, the location of the main entrance was changed and adapted to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
The total volume of the building is 6,609 cubic meters, and its usable floor area exceeds 939 square meters. The building is still used for its original purpose—it houses a post office. The building at 2 Sprzymierzonych Street was added to the provincial list of historic monuments in November 1993.
Publications