• Address: 4, 74-520 Stary Kostrzynek

Stary Kostrzynek is a former fishing village; the first records of the settlement date back to 1299. In the Middle Ages, the village belonged to the Cistercian nuns of Cedynia. The settlement was frequently devastated by the flooding Oder River, and in the 18th century, the regulation of the Oder led to the decline of the fishing industry.

In addition to the historic church cemetery, the village also features a cottage dating from the second half of the 19th century. The building was constructed on a rectangular plan, nearly square in shape. The structure is a single-story building topped with a gable roof. Approximately 70% of the building is basemented. Due to the terrain, the basement is not visible from the front, but it was possible to create a stairless entrance to the basement from the courtyard side. On the courtyard side, there is also an openwork porch.

The interior layout of the cottage is symmetrical. The building’s attic is also utilized. The cottage’s foundations consist of the brick-and-stone basement walls, which are built into the structure. The building’s volume is 504 cubic meters, while its usable floor area is 109 square meters.

The building’s original door and window frames have been preserved; in some cases, the hinges and hardware are also original. The architect of the building is unknown, and it is also unclear who lived in the cottage before World War II. The first postwar owner of the property was a farmer from the Rzeszów area, who moved into the house in 1951. The building is privately owned and accessible only from the outside. It was added to the provincial list of historic monuments in June 1994.

Related routes

Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) | mobile app

App Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) mobile app

You will not get lost on the route with us! In our application you will find a detailed map of routes and excursions, interesting places and events, 360 panoramas and much, much more!