• Address: 74-510 Dobropole

The first records of the village date back to 1338. In the 16th century, Dobropole belonged to the von Sydow family. The family retained ownership of the village until 1815. In 1828, it belonged to the von Rüts family, and in 1858, to the von Senfft-Pilsach family. In the second half of the 19th century, the estate returned to the von Sydow family—it was taken over by Carl Friedrich von Sydow. It was during the von Sydow family’s ownership that a Baroque church (built in 1766), a palace (built between 1760 and 1770), and a spacious landscaped park were constructed in the village.

The palace was built in the Baroque style. The building was situated in the eastern part of the estate; to the east, the palace was bordered by a park that extended all the way to the lake’s shoreline. The building was intended as a residence for the steward of the von Sydow family’s estate in the capital. The palace was a two-story structure built of red brick. The architect who designed the palace is unknown. Currently, the building is in a state of progressive disrepair. The front walls of the building have been partially preserved, but the window and door frames are missing. The building is accessible from the outside, but entering the palace may be dangerous. Today, the palace belongs to a private owner. The building was added to the list of historic monuments in October 1956.

Adjacent to the palace on the eastern side is a landscape park laid out on an elliptical plan, which was transformed into an English-style park in the 18th century. The garden features a rich variety of trees, including chestnut, linden, and maple trees.

Related routes

Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) | mobile app

App Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) mobile app

You will not get lost on the route with us! In our application you will find a detailed map of routes and excursions, interesting places and events, 360 panoramas and much, much more!