From the very beginning of its existence, the village was connected to nearby Moryń—due to the ferry crossing located in Przyjezierze. In the 14th century, the village was owned by Nicolaus von Sack of Rosnow; in the first half of the 15th century, Przyjezierze was in the hands of the von Block family; and from 1487 onward, the estate once again belonged to the von Sack family. In the late 1920s, nearly 300 people lived in the village—163 of whom were associated with the farm.
Among the former manor buildings, we find a historic 18th-century manor house. The building is surrounded by a 3-hectare manor park, which was established at the turn of the 18th and 19th centuries.
The park is located in the western part of the village, on a small peninsula of Lake Morzycko. The northern, western, and southern sides of the park border the lake. The park has a free-form layout, resembling a natural landscape. It was laid out along two compositional axes. The main axis follows a line running from the manor house to the lake, while the second axis, also aligned with the view, runs from the manor house toward the north.
The park’s road layout is indistinct; the entire lakeshore adjacent to the park is covered with glacial erratic boulders. There is a clearing between the palace and the lake. Tree species found in the park include English oak, European ash, sycamore maple, small-leaved linden, and Eastern thuja. In total, there are twelve species of deciduous trees, one species of conifer, and nine species of shrubs within the park’s grounds. The oldest trees are most likely remnants of a former natural forest stand. The oldest trees are approximately 200 years old.
The manor park in Przyjezierze was added to the provincial list of historic monuments in December 1980.
Publications