The construction of the palace in Lubiatów dates back to around 1890, when Friedrich Wilhelm von Schöning was the owner of Lubiatów. The palace’s architecture closely resembles that of a nearby building in Karsk. Given the similarity between the two structures, it can be assumed that they were designed by the same architect. The palace in Lubiatów was built on a rectangular plan with an octagonal corner tower. The main entrance is located on the axis of one of the longer facades, where a triangular-topped projection is visible. The remaining projections have straight tops. The palace is a two-story structure built of red brick, divided by bands of lighter-colored brick. It is difficult to define the palace’s architectural style; it can be considered an example of utilitarian brick architecture.
Not far from the palace, an interesting element of the manor complex has been preserved: a stately octagonal dovecote dating from 1902. The dovecote was built in a style similar to that of the palace; it is a red-brick structure interspersed with bands of yellow brick.
Currently, both the palace and the dovecote are privately owned. They can be viewed from the outside.
In the past, there was another palace belonging to the von Schöning family in Lubiatów, but it has not survived to the present day.
Publications