• Address: Rynek, 74-510 Trzcińsko


  • Location:

    In order to get to the town located east from Chojna we need to drive road no. E65. Before exit no. S3, we need to take province road no. 122. Before Banie turn left into province road no. 121. We go along this road up to Rów and then we turn right into national road no. 26. We have approx. 8 km to Trzcińsko Zdrój.

Most probably the beginning of the town reaches back to the stronghold of the Lubuszanie tribe which constituted a part of Cedynia Pomeranian castellany. The medieval settlement was located on the trade route which connected Wielkopolska with the Wielecki lands. The first references about the village come from 1248. Most probably in the middle of the 12th century – before 1233 – Trzcińsko-Zdrój was granted municipal rights, and in 1281 the town was granted trade rights.

In the 14th century Trzcińsko-Zdrój was surrounded with defensive walls. In the 15th century the town was managed by the Teutonic Knights, and during their reign the town was attacked and destroyed by the Husyts. Trzcińsko-Zdrój was completely destroyed during the Thirty Years' War and its population was killed. Only the 18th century brought more peaceful times for the town and the economic situation started to improve thanks to the development of craftsmanship. At the end of the 19th century one of the local doctors discovered layers of mud peat, thanks to which in 1898 in Trzcińsko-Zdrój a treatment facility was created and then the town was transformed into a spa town. And despite the fact that Trzcińsko-Zdrój functioned as a spa town only until the end of the 2nd World War, the segment “Zdrój” [spa] reserved for health resorts remained in the name. Despite numerous wars conducted throughout the ages in Trzcińsko-Zdrój the medieval street layout was preserved. The town fortifications, which were built in the Middle Ages, largely survived up until now. In the fortification line five lupine towers, twenty rectangular towers and two towers – Gunpowder Tower and Stork’s Tower, as well as two town gates – Myśliborska Gate and Chojeńska Gate were preserved. The fortifications were made of fieldstone and brick.

In the central point of the old town there is a medieval town hall which was built in the 13th century as a merchants’ house. At Kościelna Street near the market square there is an early Gothic parish church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help which was constructed in the second half of the 13th century. A tenement house situated at the corner of Kościuszki Street and Chojnicka Street was included on the list of monuments, as well as a building (currently a clinic) located at 20 2 Lutego Street.


The area of the old town in Trzcińsko-Zdrój was entered on the list of monuments in April 1955. 

Related routes

Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) | mobile app

App Pomorze Zachodnie (The West Pomerania) mobile app

You will not get lost on the route with us! In our application you will find a detailed map of routes and excursions, interesting places and events, 360 panoramas and much, much more!