Chude was separated from the village of Witankowo at the turn of the 17th and 19th centuries. Here, in the early 19th century, Father Józef Dalski—pastor of St. Nicholas Parish in Wałcz and, at the same time, director of the Wałcz Academy (the local secondary school)—established his own farm. In the second half of the 19th century, the manor house that stands today was built here. In 1909, the manor house was remodeled and slightly enlarged. After 1945, the property was owned by the State Agricultural Farm (PGR); it housed employee apartments and a doctor’s office. In 1993, it was taken over by the State Treasury’s Agricultural Property Agency and later leased to a private company.
The manor house was built in the Neoclassical style on a rectangular floor plan; the central section is two stories high, while the side sections are essentially single-story with a high, habitable attic. The central section is covered by a hipped roof, and the side sections have gable roofs. The walls are constructed of ceramic brick on a stone-and-brick foundation and are plastered in gray and white. The facades are adorned with a flat frieze separating the stories; the ground-floor windows are framed by wide moldings with diamond-shaped panels located centrally above and below the window openings. The first-floor windows are framed by narrow, profiled white moldings. An interesting decorative element consists of rectangular panels filled with half-balusters, located in the attic section of the side walls’ facades. The centrally located main entrance is enclosed by a glass-enclosed porch, topped with a profiled cornice. Above the porch is an open terrace. The windows in the section of the wall adjacent to the terrace are highlighted by a white plaster frame. Above them rises a triangular pediment with an oval oculus in the center. The windows are rectangular in shape, box-style, with profiled window frames. The side wall features a side entrance, accessed from both sides by staircases sheltered by a wall and a balustrade made of fieldstones. On the south side of the building lies a park with mature trees; on the north side, there is a semicircular driveway surrounded by a wall.
Publications